Unlawful Presence Waiver Attorneys in New Brunswick, New Jersey

Request for Temporary Unlawful Presence in the United States: Form 601A

If you are an immigrant visa applicant who is a relative of a United States citizen or lawful permanent resident and you are in the U.S. unlawfully, you can file Form 601A to request to remain in the U.S. until your immigrant visa interview comes to date. United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) Form 601A is officially titled the Application for Provisional Unlawful Presence, and AG Law can help you file this form and get the process started so you can remain in the U.S. with your relatives until your interview. 

Understanding Your Rights

AG Law can help you understand what exactly Form 601A does and does not grant you and what your rights are while your form is being processed. For instance, if your Form 601A is in pending status, you

  • Are not protected from being removed from the United States.
  • Are not allowed to apply for interim immigration benefits such as work authorization or advance parole.
  • Are not guaranteed an immigrant visa.
  • Are not guaranteed admission into the United States.
  • Do not have legal immigration status.
  • Still must depart the United States in order to obtain an immigrant visa.

We want to help you navigate and understand the many laws and rules you must follow while you’re working through the 601A process. We understand how complicated it can be and are here to assist you every step of the way. 

Get it Done Right the First Time

This is a relatively new form and process that the USCIS put in place to reduce the time that U.S. citizens and lawful permanent resident family members are separated from their relatives while those relatives who are here unlawfully are obtaining immigrant visas to become lawful permanent residents of the United States. If you or one of your family members are in this situation then AG Law would like to help you. We’re experts in New Jersey immigration laws and we can assist you with filing Form 601A right the first time. If you miss just one section or forget to turn in just one piece of supporting documentation then the process can be delayed and you may have to start all over again. Don’t let that happen–hire AG Law to help you with Form 601A. We want you to remain with your family as you work through the immigration process.

Hire an Expert like AG Law 

We’ve worked with immigrants and New Jersey immigration laws since we started our business. Aleksandra Gontaryuk, our founder, is a refugee herself. She understands the importance of having the right people who know United States immigration laws on your side. Aleksandra has many accolades include being admitted to the State of New Jersey Bar and the New Jersey District Court, and she is also a member of the New Jersey State Bar Association, New Jersey Association for Justice, and American Immigration Lawyers Association. AG Law can answer any of your immigration law questions or any specific questions as they relate to Form 601A.

We’re easy to reach no matter where you’re located because of our virtual office. Even if you’re not in the United States, we can help. Contact us today.