Marriage-Based Green Card Attorneys in New Brunswick, New Jersey

If your spouse is a United States citizen or current green card holder you can become a lawful permanent resident (having your green card) of the U.S., as well. Known unofficially as a marriage-based visa or green card, this type of visa is always available; they are not limited in number. AG Law can assist you with completing and filing all the forms and documentation you need to get your green card process started. And, we’ll continue to support you until you get your marriage-based green card.

Determining Which Forms You Need to File

Getting through the marriage-based green card process, however, can potentially be tricky. There are many factors that come into play to determine what forms exactly you need to complete. Factors such as 

  • Are you in the United States through lawful admission or are you here unlawfully?
  • Are you living in another country?
  • Is your spouse a citizen or is your spouse a green card holder?
  • Are you or your spouse a member of the U.S. military?

Your answers will determine exactly what forms you need to complete. If you’re not sure about any of these then AG Law can help you determine the answer.

Filing the Forms and Supporting Documentation

To make sure you’re filing all the forms you need to with the United States Citizenship and Immigration Service, we recommend you hire AG Law for guidance. Typically, all marriage-based green card applicants will start by filing Form I-130–Petition for Alien Relative. Some may need to file Form I-485–Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status. And some may even need to file Form I-751–Petition to Remove the Conditions of Residence. 

Once we’ve figured out which forms to file then we’ll need to collect supporting documentation. This can include any or all of the following:

  • A copy of your civil marriage certificate
  • A copy of any divorce or annulment decrees 
  • Photos of you and your spouse
  • Documents showing name change(s) decrees, etc.)
  • A copy of your valid U.S. passport OR  U.S. birth certificate OR Consular Report of Birth Abroad 
  • A copy of Form I-551 (Green Card) OR a copy of your foreign passport

As you can see there are many pieces to this process. If you forget one form, one signature, one fee, or one piece of supporting documentation, it can cause delays or denial. AG Law doesn’t want that to happen to you. Hire us so we can ensure you’re getting everything submitted correctly the first time. 

Experience with Compassion

We know the importance of compassion when it comes to immigration issues. Our founder, Aleksandra Gontaryuk, is an immigrant herself. Having been through the immigration process, she knows the ins and outs and the various problems that can be encountered. She wants to help other immigrants get through the process as smoothly as possible, and the marriage-based green card process is no exception. Contact AG Law today for a free consultation. After that, you can take advantage of our unbundled services and hire us just for one piece of the process if that’s all you need. Or, hire us for the whole thing. 

Aleksandra Gontaryuk, AG Law’s founder, is admitted to the State of New Jersey Bar and the New Jersey District Court and is currently a member of the New Jersey State Bar Association, New Jersey Association for Justice, and American Immigration Lawyers Association. We’re dedicated to helping you with your immigration law questions. We look forward to working with you.